Monday, July 26, 2010

well, i do declare


the question on everyone's mind is: "what are you going to do with your life?" well i don't have the answer to that right now. i don't plan on going back to school (at least not right away). i am living life, experiencing all it has to offer me. that's the most definite my answer can be for the moment, and as things become more concrete i will share the news. so there. lets stop asking me that question, thanks.


on to some things that are more certain. of the following things i am sure:

  • i will stop biting my nails officially starting today

  • i am restarting my dedication to veganism

  • i am training for a 5K race that will be around my birthday (Sept. 29)


yeah so i know i announced on twitter the other day that i was going to stop biting my nails then but i accidentally bit them without thinking about it haha. i'm back on track now though. i just have to actively think about not biting.


next up is the veganism. i am really trying to be dedicated to this. i've been vegan all day today, with the exception of the honey i used on my whole wheat whole grain toast. oh, and the whey protein in my shake this morning. that's it though. so i think i'm doing pretty good. we'll see how the rest of the day goes, night time is usually when i give into weakness



lastly, and something i'm very excited about is training for a 5K race that will take place on Sunday, September 26. i have done some research and the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure seems like the perfect cause to start building toward a full marathon. we lost my great grandmother to breast cancer in 1997, so it is a cause that is close to my heart. i will be posting the link to the fundraiser page as soon as registration is all taken care of, so be on the lookout for that.


i am about to head to the gym right now to doing some race training. oh and in case you're wondering why i'm making such a big deal about a 5K (3.1 mile) race, it's because i am NOT a runner. i mean i usually only run when something is chasing me, and that's pushing it haha. so if i could complete a 3 mile race, i would be so proud of myself!

AMB

No comments: