Sunday, November 14, 2010

Story of my life...

"You're about to do hot yoga?" she asked.


"Bikram yoga," I thought to myself, but instead replied with a simple "yes."


"Oh man," she complained into the phone. "That's going to take forever, and I haven't talked to you in such a long time! Didn't you see my missed call earlier? I was calling to tell you that I couldn't talk to you right then but..." I started to space out on her conversation, which was clearly one-sided at the moment. I was standing in the middle of the yoga studio locker room, half undressed and trying to hurry in order get a good spot inside.


"Hey Amira, let me call you back as soon as class is over ok?" I had cut her off mid sentence, but that didn't deter her the least bit.


"Huh? Oh ok well, you know when you're supposed to be laying there all still, and clearing your mind and forgetting your problems? Don't do it, ignore what the teacher says, and think of everything you have to tell me instead."


I laughed, "Ok ok, now get off of my phone." It was what I always said to hurry her off the phone, but she knew it was out of love. Amira was one of my best friends, and she knew the meanings behind all of my seemingly hurtful phrases. That's one of the reasons we worked so well and had stayed friends for so long. She just got me.


Standing alone in the locker room, I realized I was late for class. Great. I hated walking in late, and I would definitely be blaming Amira for this later. I finished getting dressed, grabbed my mat and darted toward class.

No comments: